Seeking Security Beyond Traditional MFA
Bank of India (BOI) was one of the first banks in India to introduce internet and mobile banking for customers and quickly saw a high velocity of threats centered around credential compromise. As a result, bank leaders viewed traditional SMS, one-time password, and in-app-based multifactor authentication solutions as insufficient to protect the bank and its clients. They sought a solution that would be substantially more secure and would create possibilities rather than vulnerabilities as they built the future of the business.
As an early adopter of digital, Bank of India sought to deliver an optimal solution for clients while future-proofing to avoid the need to repurchase solutions as their business and client needs evolved. Bank leaders also wanted a partner for the long term that would evolve with them and serve as a trusted member of their team.
Getting It Right the First Time
Recognizing that “early adoption” means its new for everyone, Bank of India focused on getting the solution right the first time while ensuring readiness to rapidly innovate for the future. With the collaboration of Uniken as their chosen tech partner, BOI achieved this goal. They met the challenges of the threat landscape and evolving industry by launching Star Token, powered by Uniken’s REL-ID platform, to secure BOI internet and mobile banking channels globally.
Securing Safer Banking Journeys
- Star Token surpasses traditional MFA by employing REL-ID’s private-private key pair at the heart of the security and identity model to prevent phishing, social engineering, SIM swapping, and spoofing attacks from the moment a client journey begins.
- Transaction verification capabilities enable clients to make zero-fraud, zero-friction transactions.
Rapid Innovation as Journeys Unfold
- Device binding meets a new regulatory requirement.
- Endpoint threat detection protects against polymorphic malware.
- Secure browser capability strengthens security against the emerging threat landscape.
- Step-up authentication capabilities enhance security for internet and mobile banking with digital transaction verification, including embedded cryptographic signing.
Future Proofing as New Tech Emerges
- Biometric authentication options create certainty in account recovery and authentication across all digital channels.
Award-Winning Today, Future-Proof for Tomorrow
Bank of India launched Star Token in 2018 at the start of the bank’s digital journey, and it remains a stalwart in their digital portfolio today. The solution has successfully evolved and received countless industry awards and customer accolades along the way. As Bank of India begins its next phase of digital transformation, Uniken and its leading capabilities continue to evolve to secure the customer journeys of the future.